PFS Clinical has helped hundreds of institutions streamline the administration of their clinical research operations. Read about some of our clients' experiences in the case studies below.
For one client, PFS Clinical's contract/budget review and negotiation services netted nearly 50% greater per-patient fees and 400% greater covered administrative items for management of a COPD trial. Another client realized an approximate increase in per-patient fees of 24% and a 188% increase in covered administrative items for a study related to Actinic Keratosis.
The value realized from leveraging the expert clinical trial accountants within PFS Clinical, uncovers hundreds of thousands in uncollected revenue. For one client, its audit of six recently closed studies resulted in recovery of $45,000 from the sponsor for unpaid patient visits. When the pilot later expanded, PFS Clinical identified and collected 80% of an additional $290,000 in uncollected revenue.
PFS Clinical partnered with a Midwest community-based health system that had been operating with a decentralized model but was looking to make improvements. The client hoped to establish processes, policies, and procedures to create a centralized research office. After identifying several risks, we delivered a suite of services including coverage analysis, budget and contract development/negotiations, corporate marketing, on-site management, study identification, and compliance oversight.
- Improved research operations
- Trained staff on research best practices and streamlined communications with all internal departments
- Increased study opportunities
- Implemented a process to ensure compliant and accurate billing
- Enhanced financial reporting and institutional accountability
- No SOPs for conducting research
- Over 40% of previously executed CTAs and budgets were missing standard subject injury language
- Over 60% of budgets missing key line items
- No process in place to prevent double billing
- No tracking mechanism for ongoing research activity and revenue