Day 1: Thursday, October 26th
- 8:00AM – 8:45AM: Registration and Breakfast (provided)
- 8:45AM – 9:00AM: Introductions and Agenda Overview
- 9:00AM – 10:30AM: Research Billing Compliance Basics
- This session will provide an overview of the documents (CA, budget, contract) required, the importance of the documents, and the processes, people, and partners that should be involved in research billing compliance.
- 10:30AM – 10:45AM: Break (refreshments provided)
- 10:45AM – 12:15PM: Coverage Analysis – To Bill or Not to Bill
- This session will discuss general compliance considerations that should be incorporated into the coverage analysis and coverage analysis process. This session will include considerations for determining when items are considered SOC including incorporating PI feedback.
- 12:15PM – 1:00PM: Lunch (provided)
- 1:00PM – 2:30PM: Compliance Considerations for Budgets
- This session will talk about the importance of internal budgets, incorporating the CA into the budget documents, general compliance considerations for budgets, and fair market value.
- 2:30PM – 2:45PM: Break (refreshments provided)
- 2:45PM – 4:15PM: High-Risk Contract Considerations
- This session will review important protections that need to be included in the contract, high risk areas, and implications of accepting various items.
- 4:15PM – 4:45PM- Day 1 Wrap-Up/Q & A
- 4:45PM – 5:45PM: Networking Reception (hors d'oeuvres and drinks provided)
Day 2: Friday, October 27th
- 8:00AM – 8:30AM: Breakfast
- 8:30AM – 9:15AM: Document Synchronization
- We will discuss the importance of document synchronization for research billing compliance. We will discuss when the document sync should take place and important considerations for this process.
- 9:15AM – 10:00AM: HIPAA for Research Mini Session
- 10:00AM – 11:30AM: Efficient Study Start-Up and Negotiations
- We will discuss the importance of having a defined study start-up process in place, different items to take into consideration when developing a process, negotiation tips and techniques, and how to gain efficiencies in the negotiation stage. We will have an activity or case study in this session.
- 11:30AM – 12:15PM: Lunch
- 12:15PM – 1:15PM: Maintaining Compliance
- We will talk about having a research billing compliance process in place and making sure that the documents are being used properly. Not referencing the documents can lead to compliance issues or lost revenue. Consent and A/R considerations will also be discussed during this session.
- 1:15PM – 2:00PM : Finish Maintaining Compliance, Wrap-Up, Q&A